Enid Street Community Garden Charter and Agreement:
- We will aim to create a community atmosphere within the Garden group. By networking with other gardeners hopefully we can all learn, bumble along together, share the experience and work.
- We welcome creative and novel types of gardens, including, but not limited to, inspirational vertical gardens; gardens on the roof sheds, aqua culture and water features.
- Those with restricted mobility are welcomed and we will aim to accommodate individual needs in planning of the garden and or forming small groups to share plots.
- Involvement can be at any level, whether you’re vaguely interested, want to help out occasionally, have an active garden bed, or even offer some of your skills as a volunteer. We have many people working on different levels of involvement according to the time they have available or their trade skills that they may have to offer.
- There will be an annual membership fee of $30 for plot holders and $10 for enthusiastic volunteers. This fee will cover our Incorporated status, public liability insurance and some marginal costs. Fees will be payable annually.
Congratulations! You are about to embark on an adventure in gardening with the help of your friends and neighbours at Enid Street Community Garden! The agreement below helps us to operate as a healthy community organisation.
As a Enid Street Community Garden Member I agree to the following:
- I will work, care for and maintain my plot. I understand that the opportunity to use my plot is a privilege, not a right, and as such I must use it or lose it.
- As a plot holder, I will contribute to at least six working bees each year for general site maintenance and I happily agree to share what I can with the garden community.
- As a supporting member I will contribute my knowledge, enthusiasm and muscles whenever I can.
- If I do not pay my plot fees (as set by the Committee) on time I will forfeit my right to use the plot.
- When I use the tools and equipment supplied in the shed I will return them to where I found them, use them safely taking into account those around me, and report any damaged equipment to a member of the committee.
- I will not remove any garden property, including tools, from the premises.
- I will respect the privacy of the house tenants at all times, and not attend the garden outside daylight hours.
- I agree to keep weeds, trash, litter, etc. at a minimum and maintain the areas immediately surrounding my plot.
- I will not plant crops which block sunlight from other plots or intrude in any other way upon the space outside my own plot.
- I will not pick crops on plots of other members, unless given permission by that member.
- I will use water responsibly.
- I will use the compost and worm casings in a responsible manner, considering the needs of other community members.
- I will garden within sustainable ecological parameters.
- I will not use chemical pesticides or herbicides (e.g., roundup) in the garden.
I understand that neither the garden group nor owners of the land are responsible for my actions. I THEREFORE AGREE that ENID STREET COMMUNITY GARDEN, GARDEN MEMBERS, AND OWNERS OF THE LAND are not liable for any injury to me, or to my invited family and friends, nor for the loss of any of my possessions in connection with the use of the garden.
I have read and affirm and/or agree to abide by the above guidelines and agree to submit to the actions of the garden leadership concerning Enid Street Community Garden issues.
Signed ___________________________________ Date_____________________